Striking is found in a lot of popular sports and a great skill to practice — even inside. We recommend using balloons or soft objects indoors to keep everyone safe.
Steps to Striking
- Feet shoulder-width apart
- Non-striking hand holds hand out in front of body
- Opposite foot to striking hand is forward
- Striking arm swings backwards
- Arm swings forward
What to Watch For
- Make sure to be watching the ball the entire time
- Don't toss ball in air prior to striking
- Make sure there is follow through along the swing path
- Watch the direction of the ball or object after the strike. This can gve hints in technique or stance.