A leap is jumping from one foot to the other foot! Make it fun and challenging by practicing leaping over a ball or any equipment you have at home.
Steps on Leaping
- Start by standing on one leg
- Press that leg into the ground
- Bend the knee and prepare for liftoff!
- You want to land on the opposite foot
What to Watch For
- Eyes forward
- Make sure to bend the knee for takeoff for lots of power!
- Practice your balance when you land on each foot — use a wall if needed
- Practice the standing leap first
- Can place tape or a short object on ground to leap over
- To challenge yourself, you can try the running leap — from a run, you want to leap from one foot but land on the opposite