Jumping is such a fun activity to practice. But be warned — once they learn how to jump, they will be jumping around the house!
Steps to Jumping
- Feet shoulder-width apart
- Bend knees
- Swing arms back behind body
- Push up from heel to toes
- Forcful forward momentum, swing arms upwards
- Legs straighten in air
- Both feet contact ground at same time
What to Watch For
- Make sure eyes are looking in direction of jump
- Land on balls of feet
- The key to a jump is landing on both feet at the same time — this can take practice as it invlolves balance!
- To make it harder, try running and jumping — but remember to land on both feet!
- Can practice jumping over objects — as long as it is safe!