A hop is jumping from one foot and landing on the same foot. It's a fun skill to practice and needs balance when landing.
Steps on Hopping
- Start by standing on one leg
- Press that leg into the ground
- Bend the knee and prepare for liftoff!
- Land on same foot
- Continue hopping on same foot
What to Watch For
- se wall if needed
- Use your arms to propel you forwards when you hop
- Try hopping on the same foot as many times as you can, then switch feet
- See how far you can hop on the same foot