Dodging is the ability to quickly change direction while moving quickly, such as when running. It is important in group games to use caution and not collide with others.
Steps to Dodging
- Look stright ahead
- When changing diection, use outside of the foot
- Lower body height by bending knees
- Bend knees to create a quick stopping action
- Only one step to a quick change of direction
What to Watch For
- Eyes looking forward — always watch where you're going
- Lower body when changing direction for quicker movement
- This is a more complex movement — start slow and practice!
- Set up small obstacles in the house to practice the movement
- Set up a game of tag to make dodging fun to practice