Balance is the ability to hold your body upright and steady without falling down. Balance is part of almost every skill that we practice like kicking, leaping, hopping, and even throwing. It is a great skill to practice at home.
Steps on How to Balance
- Find a flat surface
- Pick a target to focus on
- Keep body upright
- Can spread arms like you’re an airplane to help with balance
- Pick up one foot and hold it in the air for as long as you can!
- Pick up the opposite foot and hold it in the air for as long as you can!
What to Watch For
- If unable to hold body upright, use a wall or object to help keep body upright
- Try not to wobble or move around. You want to stay as still as possible
- Don’t hold your breath - breathing normally can help with your balance
- Practice lots on both feet!
- Want to make it harder? Try closing your eyes
- Yoga is a great way to keep practicing your balance in different ways!